THE ENHANCED, ULTIMATE DIGITAL MARKETING TERMS GLOSSARY 2023
Are you feeling lost in a sea of digital marketing jargon🌊? Look no further, the ultimate Glossary is here to be your lighthouse!
But let’s be real, who wants to sound like a boring pro? That’s why we’ve added a sprinkle of humor to make this glossary more palatable. So, grab a snack and get ready to learn some fancy digital marketing lingo without falling asleep!
And if you’re still feeling lost, don’t worry. We got you. Just hit us up for a free 30-minute strategy session and our team of marketing wizards will have you speaking digitally fluently in no time.
So, what are you waiting for? Dive in and impress your colleagues with your newfound digital marketing knowledge!
👉Look no further, because we’ve got the ultimate Digital Marketing Terms Glossary that will make you sound like a pro in no time! Our handy guide is divided into four sections: General Marketing Terms, Paid Social Terms, Digital Marketing Tools, and Marketing Customer Segment Terms.
So grab your dictionary and let’s get cracking‼️
🔷General Marketing Terms
- CREATIVE / ASSETS:
- The images, video, or design created for an online ad.
- Text, including captions used in paid ads and written content on a webpage or landing page.
- A tagline, slogan, or angle that grabs attention and makes an audience receptive to your message.
- A free or discounted product or service is given in exchange for completing a call to action.
- Tweaks made to an advertising campaign to improve performance based on analyzed data and testing.
- Pay-Per-Click, is a model of internet marketing where an advertiser pays every time their ad is clicked.
- Google Data Studio, is a platform used to collate statistics and data for clients.
- An action on a website that can be tracked, such as form submissions or email signups.
- A platform that allows you to visualize and make sense of business data with custom dashboards and reports.
- Search Engine Optimization, is the process of raising a website’s ranking in internet searches.
- Specific words are included in content to attract visitors and used in Google Ads.
- Conversion Rate Optimization, is the method of increasing the percentage of website visitors that take a desired action.
- BOUNCE RATE:
- The percentage of people who land on a website and leave without taking any action.
- Call To Action, a button, text link, or copy that encourages users to take action.
- Key Performance Indicator, a metric used to measure the success of a marketing campaign.
- A/B TESTING:
- Testing two versions of the same element, such as a headline or image, to see which performs better in the market.
- LANDING PAGE:
- The page (not usually the homepage) that an ad click directs to, usually with a specific call-to-action and copy related to the campaign.
- LEAD MAGNET:
- A process of creating a sales lead, such as a trial subscription, ebook, or free consultation, offered in exchange for contact information.
🔷Paid Social Terms
- The name for platforms owned by Facebook (Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, etc.).
- LOOKALIKE AUDIENCE:
- A feature on Meta that generates a list of users similar to an existing group, such as page followers.
- The method of approaching target users who have engaged with your site or content in a specific time period.
- The measurement of how many site visitors take a desired action, such as making a purchase.
- AD SET:
- Categories of ads that determine when and where ads will run and the audience characteristics such as location, gender, and age.
- CTA BUTTON:
- A link prompt that directs users toward an action or destination.
- A snippet of code added to websites that track user interactions, such as a Meta pixel that tracks a user from the time they click on an Instagram or Facebook ad to when they check out on your website.
- The location of a specific website, page, or file on the internet.
- URL PARAMETER:
- An extension to a URL that allows tracking of where visitors came from.
- The number of individuals an ad was delivered to.
- The number of times an ad was viewed in total.
- Cost-per-click, is the cost of each user clicking on an ad.
- Click-through-rate, is the percentage of an audience that has clicked on an advertisement or emailed campaign.
- Cost per million impressions.
- Cost per acquisition.
- Cost per lead generated.
- Customer acquisition cost.
- Return on ad spend, typically for eCommerce clients or sites using a pixel to track revenue generated from an ad or campaign.
- Where the ad will appear on Meta, such as the news feed, stories, or search page, which may require specific content formatting.
- The number of times an account has seen a specific ad.
- LEARNING PHASE:
- The learning phase of an ad’s lifespan where the ad platform is still gathering data to make recommendations, editing during this phase will delay progress.
- LEAD GENERATION:
- Using a Lead Generation form on Facebook to create a list of potential customers who want to hear from you in the future.
🔷Digital Marketing Tools
- Google Data Studio, is a free tool that turns data into informative and customizable dashboards and reports.
- Google Analytics, is a free web analytics tool that helps analyze website traffic.
- Google Tag Manager, is a tool that allows you to add and update your own tags for conversion tracking, site analytics, remarketing, and more.
- GOOGLE OPTIMIZE:
- An easy way to roll out A/B testing for Conversion Rate Optimization on a website without making permanent changes to the site’s copy or design.
- Business-to-business, companies that sell to other businesses.
- Business-to-consumer, companies that sell directly to consumers.
- TOP OF THE FUNNEL:
- Customers in the attention phase of the customer journey where they are gaining awareness of your ad sets.
- MIDDLE OF THE FUNNEL:
- Customers in the interest phase of the customer journey where they see your problem as a solution to their wants and needs.
- BOTTOM OF THE FUNNEL:
- Customers who are familiar with your marketing activity and become paying customers.
Are you tired of feeling lost in digital marketing conversations? 🤔 Look no further! Our Glossary has all the jargon and tech-talk you need to sound like a pro. Plus, we’ve made it easy for you by putting it all in one convenient spot. Just save this Glossary for future reference.
But if you’re still feeling a bit lost, our Digital Marketing team is here to help. We’re offering FREE 30-minute strategy sessions to get you on track. Don’t wait, contact us today and let’s make you a digital marketing guru! 💻📈