Facebook, like all other social media pages, has become a crucially important business tool. It is almost unheard of for businesses NOT to be on one or other social media platform.
As of November 2019, there are approx 2.41 billion users registered on the Facebook platform and with that number rapidly increasing yearly (8% YOY_2018), why would a business not want to take advantage of reaching this number of consumers?
Facebook’s mission is to provide a platform where communities can be built and to bring the world closer together. For people to stay connected regardless of time, and geographical constraints. For businesses to breach the barriers of supply.
So, you have created a new business page with your company name, an image and your details, so what now? Merely creating a page doesn’t mean that you are now visible to your audience, oh no! For a business to be noticed on this massive platform requires a bit of work to ensure your page doesn’t drown in the masses.
7 Key tips to a noticeable Facebook Business Page:
- Reading is active but watching is passive
- Post more video content. Consumers want to be entertained when searching for solutions to their problems. Videos are easier to digest, entertaining and engaging. Video-marketing also has a higher return on investment than written text.
- Content is King
- Consumers scrolls through social media looking for engaging content, for interesting facts, for answers, for guidance. By creating a platform of informative and interesting content, you are able to attract and convert more of your target audience.
- Engagement is Queen, and she rules the house!
- Engagement is crucial to building your audience and to gain their trust. Reach out to your audience organically, answer questions, provide insight into how your business can help them. Talk to them daily. Focus more on engaging with your audience on a daily basis as this will pace your social media growth and will result in quality following of users who is most likely to become customers.
- Eighty percent of success is showing up
- Showing up online daily creates a feeling of trust and reliability. Consistency is the key to success. Plan when you will be online, when you will be posting captivating content and when you will be engaging with your audience and do this consistently without fail. Your audience will become accustomed to your schedule and will start engaging with you at the same time.
- Peak time traffic? the best traffic jam to be in
- Facebook gives you the opportunity to learn the habits and behaviours of your audience. Big Brother can see when your target audience is most likely to be online, and these are the times you need to be active more than usual to ensure your audience sees you. Knowing your audience will add value to your online marketing strategy, and will provide you with the insight you require to plan content and ads accordingly.
- From your neighbour to the world
- Promote your Facebook page on your website and other social pages to create more traffic. Add captivating posts to newsletters, email marketing, websites with links through to your Facebook page. When engaging with consumers on other pages, end off your comment with a link to your Facebook Business Page, creating traffic and brand awareness.
Facebook can be a very powerful marketing tool for any business. By studying the analytics that the platform provides, a business can clearly identify who to target, when to target and what your audience wants to see. The cost-effectiveness of this platform and the value a business can obtain from ad-campaigns and simple marketing is exactly what a business needs to ensure online business growth.
Constantly update your business page with fresh information to keep your audience captivated. Give your brand a voice through social media and make social media a pivotal part of your marketing strategy, therefore Social Media becomes an extension of your business.